Table of Contents Show
- Why Do People Buy Condoms?
- Can You Buy Condoms in Walmart?
- What Brands of Condoms are Available at Walmart?
- Does Walmart Sell Condoms: Where are Condoms in Walmart?
- How to Use the Walmart App to Find Items
- What Other Contraceptives Can You Buy at Walmart?
- At What Age Can You Buy Condoms at Walmart?
- Embarrassed to Buy Condoms? You’re Not Alone
- How to Buy Condoms Without Being Awkward
“What’s Walmart? Do they sell like wall stuff” I can’t remember exactly where I saw that quote! But we know they sell a lot of things and are, therefore, a go-to place for many shoppers. But does Walmart sell condoms? Well, see the answer right after!
Why Do People Buy Condoms?
People buy condoms because it is a contraceptive method to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It can also help users to protect themselves against STDs. And does not usually require a prescription for use.
Another reason people use condoms is that they usually do not have medical side effects, unlike some other contraceptive methods.
In addition, users do not require any preparation. This is because they are suitable for unplanned sex.
Experts say that using condoms perfectly every time you have sex is 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. They are one of the only methods that can prevent STDs.
Can You Buy Condoms in Walmart?
You can buy condoms at Walmart, but you need to search for them. Walmart sells condoms in packs of three or more.
You can find different brands of condoms at Walmart, depending on what you need. The price is also quite competitive. And there is no age limit.
What Brands of Condoms are Available at Walmart?
Trojan, Durex, Lifestyles, Skyn, and Rough Rider are just some of the condom brands available at Walmart. However, there are wide varieties available depending on your needs.
Walmart offers a competitive price point. The lowest-priced are Trojan products which start at $3.94 to up to $18.37; Skyn: $6.28, Durex Extra Sensitive: $6.48; and many others.
Does Walmart Sell Condoms: Where are Condoms in Walmart?
Condoms are not openly advertised in grocery stores, so you might have to search a bit to find them at Walmart.
At Walmart, shoppers can find condoms in the family planning alley, where they have products like pregnancy tests and lube.
Depending on the store, you can also find them in the men’s health aisle. In other words, where you find it might differ from store to store.
You can also call a store attendant’s attention if you find it difficult to locate. There’s no need to be ashamed because your health and spouse are important. Alternatively, you can use the Walmart app to locate an item.
How to Use the Walmart App to Find Items
You can use the Walmart app to locate an item in the store. So, if you are shy to approach staff for some help, you can simply use the app by following the steps below:
- First, download the app from your app store if you don’t already have it
- Next, open the store’s app and sign in or create an account.
- Select the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now, scroll down and tap on “Store Finder.”
- Next, type in your location and tap on the “Search” button.
- Then, select the store you want to shop at from the list of results.
- After selecting a store, tap on the “Products” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, select the department you want to shop in.
- Now tap on the Search bar at the top of the screen and enter the name or keyword of the item you are looking for.
- Tap on the “Filter” button in the top right corner of the screen to filter your results by price, brand, or category.
- When you find the item you are looking for, tap on it to see more information about it, including the shelf location.
What Other Contraceptives Can You Buy at Walmart?
Other than condoms, the retail giant sells other contraceptives, including
- Oral Contraceptives: These are birth control pills that can help users prevent pregnancy. They are available without a prescription over the counter to people over the age of 18.
- Morning After Pill: This is a type of emergency contraception that can be used to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex. It is available without a prescription over the counter to people over the age of 17.
- Contraceptive Gel: An applicator is used to insert this type of contraception into the vagina. It works by forming a spermicide barrier between the sperm and egg to prevent pregnancy.
Some of these options may require you to visit an in-store pharmacy.
- Patch: The patch is a type of contraception that adheres to your skin and releases hormones through it to prevent pregnancy.
At What Age Can You Buy Condoms at Walmart?
In the United States, there is no specific age limit for purchasing condoms. Therefore, anybody can buy condoms. However, the age of consent ranges from 16 to 18 years old, depending on the state.
Related: Does Kroger Sell Stamps in 2022
Embarrassed to Buy Condoms? You’re Not Alone
A lot of people feel awkward going into a store to buy condoms. A survey conducted by Fusion Condoms in 2012 shows that 56% of people surveyed were embarrassed to buy them. When it came to men, 54% got red-faced, while 57% of women did.
However, the reason why people need condoms is to protect their health and stay safe. So your health is way more important than a little embarrassment.
Besides, store owners and attendees have seen it all. So do not be embarrassed to approach them.
They care more about selling their products than what you do with your private life. And you know, if you get an unprepared pregnancy because of your inability to walk into a store to purchase some condoms, you’ll have to deal with it alone.
They are not going to know. It’s your problem, not theirs.
How to Buy Condoms Without Being Awkward
If walking into an instore to ask for condoms does not work for you, there are other ways. You can try the checkout line and buy your condoms from a store that has an automated checkout.
This allows you to simply scan your items and bag them yourself. With this, you won’t have to talk to the cashier about something that’s non of their business.
Secondly, you can choose to shop in a store that is not close to where you live. And also choose an off-peak hour. This keeps you from running into people you may know. With this, you won’t have to feel like someone is judging you.
Does Walmart sell condoms?
Walmart does sell condoms, and there are no age restrictions. You can find them in the family planning alley, where they have products like pregnancy tests and lube. You can also find condoms in the men’s health aisle, depending on the store.
- 15 Best Condoms in the World From Top Condom Brands for Safe Sex| 2022
- Does Dollar General Sell Condoms | What Brand of Condoms Does Dollar General Sell?
- Does Walmart Sell Stamps: How to Buy Stamps at Walmart Checkout and Register