Table of Contents Show
- What are oil field jobs?
- Best Highest Paying Jobs in the Oil & Gas Production Sector
- Best Highest Paying Jobs in the Oil & Gas Production Sector
- What Countries are Best for Oil & Gas Jobs?
- What are the Qualifications/Degrees Required for a Job in Oil & Gas Production
- What Skills are Required for a Career in Oil & Gas Production?
- What are the Pros of Choosing a Career in the Oil & Gas Production Industry?
- What are the Cons of Choosing a Career in the Oil & Gas Production Industry?
- Is Oil & Gas Production a Good Career Path?
- Which degree is best for oil and gas?
- What are the Big 3 oil companies?
- Do oil and gas jobs pay well?
- How hard is oil field work?
- What is the study of oil called?
The best paying/highest paying jobs in oil & gas production are usually the first piece of information you should seek if you desire a career in this sector.
This sector houses a variety of jobs that cut across the different aspects of oil and gas production, ranging from discovery, extraction, refining, and sale.
Gunning for a career in this sector implies that you research all there is to know about the variety of jobs, pros and cons, job prospects, and, most importantly, the salary scale.
Not to worry, makedailyprofit has compiled a list of best paying/highest paying jobs in the oil & gas sector.
What are oil field jobs?
Before listing the best highest paying jobs in oil & gas production, it is essential to explain what this industry entails.
The oilfield incorporates individuals who occupy positions that deal with locating, extracting, refining, transporting, and sale of crude oil and natural gas.
Best Highest Paying Jobs in the Oil & Gas Production Sector
Below, we have compiled a list of some of the best paying jobs in oil & production. Go on and browse through them:
- Completion Engineer – $156,228
- Natural Gas Engineer – $135,188
- Drilling Supervisor – $121,979
- Reservoir Engineer – $117,936
- Petroleum Geologist – $105,574
- Chemical Engineer – $105,550
- Geophysicist – $90,789
- Gas Plant Operator – $77,507
- Sales Representative – $73,784
- Production Engineer – $73,246
Best Highest Paying Jobs in the Oil & Gas Production Sector
The following are the best paying/highest paying jobs in the oil & gas production industry:
1. Completion Engineer
Average Annual Salary: $156,228
This is one of the best and highest paying jobs in the oil & gas production sector.
A completions engineer is a special kind of drilling engineer.
This engineer decides on the best method for finishing wells so that oil or gas can emerge from the earth.
They also oversee activities to finish well construction, which may include the utilization of hydraulic fracturing, tubing, or pressure-control measures.
Consider reading this: 25 Jobs That Pay $30 An Hour Without a College Degree | 2022
2. Natural Gas Engineer
Average Annual Salary: $135,188
A natural gas engineer is in charge of safely and efficiently extracting or removing oil and gas resources from the Earth’s crust.
This engineer is also in charge of overseeing the design and maintenance of natural gas extraction, processing, storage, and distribution systems.
3. Drilling Supervisor
Average Annual Salary: $121,979
A drilling supervisor oversees the drilling activities and ensures that the work is completed accurately and on time.
In addition, this supervisor works closely with a management team while developing a project’s operations.
4. Reservoir Engineer
Average Annual Salary: $117,936
Reservoir engineers assess the amount of natural resources that can be collected from subsurface reservoir deposits.
Additionally, they monitor activities to make sure that the right amounts of these resources are returned.
5. Petroleum Geologist
Average Annual Salary: $105,574
Petroleum geologists are environmental scientists who focus on petroleum geology.
This environmental scientist also oversees all aspects of oil exploration and production.
In addition, they frequently work with teams that discover oil and identify gas caps, leads, and other possible oil deposits.
6. Chemical Engineer
Average Annual Salary: $105,550
Chemical engineers play an important role in the oil and gas sector as a whole.
A chemical engineer is responsible for designing and carrying out chemical production procedures.
They also use laboratory methods to develop products for sale, then work to keep and improve those procedures.
Average Annual Salary: $90,789
A geophysicist is a scientist who examines the different properties of the earth in order to learn more about what lies underneath the surface.
Additionally, geophysicists perform this using a range of techniques such as seismic, magnetic, electrical, and gravity.
8. Gas plant operator
Average Annual Salary: $77,507
A gas plant operator is responsible for processing and distributing gas for utility companies using compressors in order to maintain the pressure of pipelines.
You might find this interesting: 30 Best Jobs That Pay Over $50K | 2022 High Paying Jobs
9. Sales Representative
Average Annual Salary: $73,784
The Sales Representative is in charge of selling items, addressing client demands, and acquiring orders from existing or future sales channels in the oil and gas field.
They also interact with customers to determine their needs, design solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
10. Production Engineer
Average Annual Salary: $73,246
Production engineers assess and improve output in facilities.
These engineers are equally accountable for helping engineering teams, developing safety regulations, alerting management to problems, and developing strategies to boost productivity and profit.
What Countries are Best for Oil & Gas Jobs?
While the oil & gas production industry offers massive job opportunities to the unemployed, some countries stand out for having the best jobs in oil & gas.
Let’s have a look at them:
- United States
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Papua New Guinea
Those who read this also read: Is Natural Gas Distribution A Good Career Path for Graduates? | 2022
How Many Jobs are Available in Oil & Gas Production?
There are tons of jobs in the oilfield industry, which mainly fall into three categories, namely:
- Upstream: Workers in this category are responsible for locating and producing crude oil.
- Midstream: Those in this category are concerned with transporting crude oil from one location to another.
- Downstream: Employees in the final stage are with marketing, branding, sales, and distribution of natural gas or refined products.
What are the Qualifications/Degrees Required for a Job in Oil & Gas Production
It is essential to inquire about the necessary qualifications or degrees you need to arm yourself to land a job in oil & gas production.
Having this information at your disposal would better equip and guide you in preparing for a life in this industry.
To pursue a career in this industry, you will need a degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Geology
The degree you will need largely depends on your profession of interest.
What Skills are Required for a Career in Oil & Gas Production?
You must possess specific skills to make headway in your oil & gas production career.
Therefore, you should equip yourself with the following skills:
- Excellent communication
- Analytical skills
- Creative Thinking
- Information technology (IT) skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to work under pressure
What are the Pros of Choosing a Career in the Oil & Gas Production Industry?
Before chasing a career in a particular field or industry, you need to look out for the benefits you stand to gain from it.
Let’s consider some of them:
- Great pay: One thing is for sure – you’ll walk home with a great salary. So while pursuing your dream job, you get to earn a high salary as well.
- Vast job opportunities: Due to the vast nature of oil & gas production, there are lots of job opportunities at your disposal. Irrespective of your discipline, you would always find something for yourself.
- Stability: One thing is certain – this industry offers stability. This is mainly because this industry is practically always in demand.
- Insurance: Most employers make sure to provide their staff with certain insurance coverage, such as life insurance.
- Vacation: Most organizations provide vacation packages to their staff. These employees and their families go on these vacations or retreats to unwind and get away from work.
- Constant traveling: If you are one who loves to travel, this industry was designed for you. Most jobs in oil & gas production require employees to travel a lot.
What are the Cons of Choosing a Career in the Oil & Gas Production Industry?
While you are content with the benefits of pursuing a career in this industry, you need to watch out for the downside of it.
The following are the cons of pursuing a career in the oil & gas production industry:
- Possibility of depression: Although this may be your dream industry, working long hours at sea may lead to depression. You need to watch it.
- Health risks: This industry is one with so many hazards, such as chemical inhalation, fires, explosions, and lots more. Applying caution isn’t enough to guarantee your safety.
Is Oil & Gas Production a Good Career Path?
Yes, oil & gas production is a good career path for a number of reasons.
This career path houses tons of jobs you can imagine. It provides employment opportunities, thereby boosting the economy.
The interesting part of the job opportunities is the fact that the oil & gas production industry pays a fat salary.
Despite the fact that you may occasionally be required to work long shifts and in challenging conditions, you can be sure that the employment there is highly gratifying.
A job in this sector offers security and stability. Additionally, it opens up a sizable number of skilled positions for both people with and without college degrees.
How Much Can You Make in Oil & Gas Production?
The amount you may earn in this industry depends on your profession. As a result, the salary that is attainable in one profession may not be in another.
In addition, the skills an employee possesses influence his earning power.
However, the average annual salary in this field and related fields in the United States is $85,300, according to salaryexplorer.
Also a good read: 30 Best Nursing Students Jobs That Add Experience to Your Resume | 2022
What are the Job Prospects for Oil & Gas Production Sector?
The job prospects for oil and gas production look promising.
It is a fact that lots of lives depend on oil & gas production for jobs and personal consumption of the refines products.
Hence, it is one sector that is bound to stay relevant.
Over 3.4 million jobs in the US are directly tied to oil & gas production, with over 83 percent of these jobs being located locally.
This figure translates to loads of job opportunities and career stability
Which degree is best for oil and gas?
While a degree in a variety of fields can give you entry into the oil & gas production sector, petroleum engineering is mostly sought after by oil companies.
What are the Big 3 oil companies?
The following are oil companies with big names in the oil & gas:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp.
Do oil and gas jobs pay well?
Absolutely! Those in oil and gas earn a high salary.
How hard is oil field work?
Working in an oilfield is demanding and dangerous. This is largely because workers in the oil industry are frequently exposed to dangers such as heights, chemicals, moving vehicles, and heavy gear.
In addition, they are often exposed to harsh weather conditions, such as violent storms, strong winds, intense sunlight, and cold temperature.
What is the study of oil called?
Petroleum engineering is a branch of engineering that studies the processes involved in the production of hydrocarbons, such as crude oil or natural gas.
Here you go – the best paying/highest paying jobs in oil & gas production.
Rest assured, this is a good career path if you are nursing the idea of securing a job in this industry.
What then are you waiting for? Go get your dream job!
Don’t fail to share your thoughts with us in the comment section or @ makedailyprofit.com.
- izood.net – Best paying jobs in oil & gas production: How to get one 2022?
- 32 Best Under the Table Jobs that Pay Cash Directly
- 20 Best-Paying Jobs in Packaged Foods Industry | 2022
- 25 Best Jobs In Bitlife For 2022
- 15 Best Jobs for Girls in India | 2022
- 25 Best Jobs In Nashville For 2022
- 20 Best Jobs That Pay Every Week in Decatur, Alabama | 2022
- 15 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts | 2022
- 15 Best Paying Jobs in Consumer Non-Durables | 2022
- 25 High Paying Jobs in Japan | 2022
- 15 Best Jobs in India With High Salary | 2022
- 15 Best Government Jobs in India | 2022