Table of Contents Show
- What is the FedEx Small Business Grant?
- How Can Businesses Be Eligible for the FedEx Small Business Program?
- How Many FedEx Small Business Grants Awards are Awarded Every Year?
- How can I Apply to the FedEx Small Business Grant Contest?
- How are the FedEx Small Business Grant Award Winners Selected?
Most business owners often worry about funding options for their businesses. If you are a business owner and fall within this category, FedEx small business grant is here to the rescue.
With the FedEx small business grant, you can access grants of as much as $50,000 for your business, as well as other perks.
Why wallow in debts and risk going under when you can apply for the FedEx small business grant?
Read on as we show you how to get started to achieve this funding to expand and grow your business.
What is the FedEx Small Business Grant?
FedEx Small Business Grant is a business financing program provided by FedEx. FedEx offers this funding to 12 small enterprises that qualify in the United States.
Small businesses that qualify end up receiving about $50,000 of the grant money. These small businesses are equally entitled to acquiring services (print and business), as much as $7500 in value.
How Can Businesses Be Eligible for the FedEx Small Business Program?
- Located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
- In business for more than 6 (six) months
- Owners of for-profit enterprises
- Functioning businesses having a payroll of more than 99 people
- More than 18 years old (eighteen)
- Independent business owners or operators
- In need of shipping for business purposes
- Existing businesses with all necessary permits and registrations
- Have a valid 9-digit FedEx shipment number and be registered with FedEx shipping.
- Account holders with authorized FedEx accounts
How Many FedEx Small Business Grants Awards are Awarded Every Year?
FedEx picks 12 candidates from the pool of applications they receive every year. The grant amount is then distributed among the 12 lucky winners in the following methods:
- Grand Prize – US$ 50,000 (cash) + US$ 7,500 (services) to 1 winner
- 2nd prize – US$ 30,000 (cash) + US$ 5,000 (services) to 1 winner
- 3rd prize – US$ 15,000 (cash) + US$ 1,000 (services) to 10 winners
In addition to the major prizes, participants are eligible for website optimization and website audit packages.
Winners of the grand prize also receive technical SEO website auditing.
Depending on the number of web pages, this service costs between US$ 2,500 and $ 5,000. This audit takes between 30 and 45 days to complete.
Winners of the 2nd prize also get website conversation optimization audit services. This describes probable conversion issues and suggests optimization options.
This service costs between $1,000 and $2,000, depending on the number of web pages to be audited.
Additionally, it may take up to 30 days to conduct this audit.
Third-place winners in the FedEx small company award program will also get website audits with high-level SEO suggestions. This service is worth $50.
In addition, This audit might take up to 14 days to complete.
Other Perks Participants are Eligible For
Other than these, these lucky winners are eligible for the following:
- An invite to the winner’s virtual small business grant forum
- International trade dictionary
- Mentoring match
- Webinar invitations
- Consultation on finances
- My FedEx Rewards voucher
- Print expert consulting package
How can I Apply to the FedEx Small Business Grant Contest?
Applying for the FedEx small business grant contest is pretty simple. All you need to do is follow through with the following processes:
#1. Provide Your Logo and Photos of Your Business
Although your logo and photos of your business are not marked as required in the application form, FedEx requires them.
Therefore, you need to provide them as they are necessary when you commence the application.
#2. Sign Up on the FedEx Site
It is usual for applicants to visit the required website for an online application. To apply for a FedEx small business grant, you must visit the site and create an account to proceed with the application.
However, if you have an account with FedEx, you can go ahead with the application.
This requirement is mandatory since FedEx awards the grant to small businesses with a FedEx shipping account.
The good news is that you can get it done in a minute. Hence, it is in your best interest to create a shipping account.
#3. Proceed With the Application
As part of the requirements, you would need to fill out a total of five pages.
These pages revolve around your business contact information (such as your website, social media handles, and more), operations (employee strength, number of years in business, revenue, etc.), and previous shipping details.
To participate in the competition, keep in mind that your business must need to print and ship.
#4. Create a compelling profile and a One-Minute Long video
The last phase of the application allows you to sell your business. In other words, it is a chance to talk extensively about your business and driving force.
Information, such as the vision of the business, its mission and passion, and what makes the business stand out, should also be provided.
You may also need to state how your business differs from your competitors and, most importantly, how you intend to utilize the grant money if you get selected.
How are the FedEx Small Business Grant Award Winners Selected?
After the duration of the application process, the public votes on the contest page, which helps reduce the pool of applicants.
FedEx then proceeds to screen the 12 winners through the following criteria:
- How well-written, convincing, and interesting the applicants’ essays and videos were
- Level of environmental friendliness or sustainability of the company
- How much of a social media presence the company has to create a voice for its brand
- How simple it is to navigate the business’s website
- Alignment of the brand with the FedEx brand
- The ability of the company owner to serve as a FedEx brand ambassador and a role model for other small business owners
- Inventiveness or originality level
As a small business owner in need of funding, FedEx’s small business grant is what you need to not just stay in business but also expand.
It would be best if you considered applying for the grant on their website. Maybe; you might be one of the grand prize winners.
Good luck with the process!
- grantsformedical.com – FedEx Small Business Grant
- 8 Problems That a Bad Credit Score Can Cause and How to Fix Them
- How Does Afterpay Make Money With Their Kind of Business
- Maryland Business Express: Benefits for Entrepreneurs
- How To Trade The Diamond Chart Pattern In Forex
- Dynamic Small Business Search| Website, Login, and All You Need to know
- 12 Best Unique Gifts for Small Business Owners
- Free and Printable Thank You For Supporting My Small Business Stickers