Table of Contents Show
- What Does it Mean To be a Director of Engineering?
- What does a Director of Engineering Do?
- What is the Average Director of Engineering Salary?
- Factors Affecting the Salary of a Director of Engineering in the US
- How Much Does a Director of Engineering Earn in the US?
- Does a Director of Engineering Earn Yearly?
- Salary of a Director of Engineering Based on Location
- What are the Highest Paying States in the United States for a Director of Engineering?
- What are the Top Cities with the Highest Salary for directors of Engineering?
- Salary for Director of Engineering in the US Based on Level
- Salaries of Directors of Engineering in the Top Industries in the US
- Are There Benefits of being a Director of Engineering Aside from the Salary?
- What is the Director of Engineering job prospects?
- Is director of engineering an executive?
- How do you become a director of engineering?
- Is VP of Engineering higher than director of engineering?
- How many years does it take to be a senior engineer?
- What is the hardest engineering major?
- Can engineers be rich?
Interestingly, the director of engineering salary in the US, Atlanta, and NYC is quite enormous. Well, you can always decide to earn much higher by looking out for high paying cities.
However, while you are still pondering about how much they specifically earn, you might also want to know that the salaries of these executives depends on certain factors.
Let us save you from the fate of the curious cat. I mean, you wouldn’t want to end up in a land a terrible fate even without getting the answers you seek.
Dive in and find out how much directors of engineering make by locations, industries, and lots more.
What Does it Mean To be a Director of Engineering?
A director of engineering practically heads an engineering department in an organization.
They oversee every detail in the department; from recruiting and training new team members to managing technology initiatives and planning the team’s budget.
In other words, a director of engineering is in charge of planning and directing all engineering activities and projects inside a company.
What does a Director of Engineering Do?
Directors of engineering carry out a number of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Works with the members of staff to create or develop strategies
- Evaluates and monitor developmental processes
- Ensures that other employees strictly follow safety protocols
- Reports to top management
- Maintains a good relationship with stakeholders
What is the Average Director of Engineering Salary?
The average a Director of engineering earns as a salary annually is $139,045, according to indeed.
Those who read this also read: Homicide Detective Salary in the US | How Much Do Homicide Detectives Make in 2022?
Factors Affecting the Salary of a Director of Engineering in the US
An employee’s salary is usually determined by some factors. These factors are the reason why employees in the same position may end up earning differently.
- Years of experience: This is a major factor that defines the salary of an engineering director. The more experience he has, the more chance he has to earn more.
- Location: The area such as state or city where this employee works influences how much he gets to walk home with.
- Skills: This is also a determining factor of a director of engineering salary. The skills he possesses can influence the figures on his paycheck.
How Much Does a Director of Engineering Earn in the US?
In the United States, the average yearly salary for a Director of Engineering is $140,059 per year.
Meanwhile, as much as the salaries of these directors depend on a couple of factors, their earnings come in three major categories.
They get to earn per hour, on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
Does a Director of Engineering Earn Yearly?
Yes! Working as a director of engineering in the US, you get to receive $133,579 on your paycheck yearly.
What is the Monthly Salary For a Director of Engineering?
On a monthly basis, you are entitled to a salary of $9,883. So, you are sure to get this sum at the end of the month in the United States.
You can also check out: Anesthesia Technician Salary in US | How Much Do Anesthesia Technician Make in 2022?
How Much Does a Director of Engineering Make Weekly?
As an engineering director, your weekly salary amounts to $2,554.
How Much Does a Director of Engineering Make Per Hour?
An hourly payment of $59.93 is what you will receive in the Unites States as a director of engineering.
Salary of a Director of Engineering Based on Location
Just like you are already suspecting, the engineering directors earn salaries based on their locations.
Hence, if the work location offers low salaries for this position, that would automatically be their take home salary and vice versa.
In other words, their earnings are dependent on the pay per location.
Director of Engineering Salary Nyc
According to salary.com, the average salary of a director of engineering in NYC (New York City) is $223,400 annually.
The salary for this employee ranges from $201,200 and $246,700.
Director of Engineering Salary Chicago
If you reside in Chicago, Illinois, you should know that the average annual salary for this position is $171,477, according to glassdoor.
You can also earn as much as $194,336 with a combination of bonuses and commission.
Director of Engineering Salary Boston
Working as a director of engineering in Boston, Massachusetts will leave you earning an average salary of $164,678 annually.
Additionally, when you factor in compensation and bonuses, you can part with $182,118 at the end of the year.
Director of Engineering Salary Atlanta
Guess what? As a director of engineering, you stand a chance to earn $179,017 as salary annually in Atlanta, Georgia. Well, that’s when you include bonuses and compensation.
Most importantly, you get to receive an average annual salary of $162,042.
What are the Highest Paying States in the United States for a Director of Engineering?
While scouting for a Director of engineering position, you also need to know that some states pay more salaries for this position than others.
Therefore, you should be on the lookout for these high-paying states. The table below will reveal how much Directors of engineering get paid in the different states in the US.
From the table above, the 5 highest paying states for Director of engineering are:
- California – $206,223
- Hawaii – $198,521
- Washington – $188,160
- Oregon – $185,904
- Louisiana – $177,503
Don’t fail to read this related article: Nursing Home Administrator Salary in US | 2022
What are the Top Cities with the Highest Salary for directors of Engineering?
Let’s have the drum roll! I know right You’ve been craving this piece of information.
Yeah! That’s one piece of information employees arm themselves with in order to decide on what city with a favorable salary scale for any job.
Salary for Director of Engineering in the US Based on Level
When it boils down to salaries, you need to understand that employees earn based on levels. These levels include
As a director of engineering, your earning capacity largely depends on whether or not you fall in any of the categories mentioned above.
For instance, a director of engineering at an entry-level won’t earn the same as a senior-level director of engineering.
How Much Does a Director of Engineering Make Based on Entry Level?
According to payscale, a director of engineering earns an average annual salary range between $109,953 and $117,710.
That’s how much you can make as an entry-level director of engineering in the United States.
How Much Does a Director of Engineering Make Based on Senior Level?
Senior-level director of engineering in the United States earns a salary that ranges from $150,096 to $154,353.
Read to know much Periodontists earn: Periodontist Salary in US | How Much Do Periodontists Make in 2022?
Salaries of Directors of Engineering in the Top Industries in the US
The organization a director of engineering works with determines how much he gets paid at the end of the day.
You must have been gunning to get the figures on the paycheck according to different industries, well here you go.
Director of Engineering Salary Teledyne
A director of engineering with Teledyne Technologies earns an average salary of $176,594.
Additionally, the salary for this position ranges from $132,886 to $195,464.
SAP Director of Engineering Salary
Let me guess, you’ve been wondering about SAP director of engineering salaries. well, let’s put your curiosity to rest.
The average annual SAP salary of a director of engineering is $196,564. You can also earn a total average as high as $222,775 with an additional pay average.
Uber Director of Engineering Salary
According to comparably, the average salary of an Uber director of engineering is $205,000. In addition, this amount can vary from $195,000 to $200,000.
Are There Benefits of being a Director of Engineering Aside from the Salary?
Absolutely! These engineering directors are entitled to benefits other than their salaries.
The following are some of the benefits directors of engineering enjoy other than their paycheck:
- Health and life insurance
- Opportunity to advance their career in different job roles in their place of work
- Stock options
- Retirement plan
- Sick leave
Also an important read: Pharmacist Salary in Arizona | How Much Do Pharmacists Make in Arizona?
What is the Director of Engineering job prospects?
Like architectural managers, the job prospects for directors of engineering will experience a 4% increase from 2020 to 2030, which is slower than the national average for all jobs.
Despite slow job growth, an average of 14,700 openings for architectural and engineering managers are expected each year over the next decade.
Is director of engineering an executive?
A director of engineering is an executive. He performs executive responsibilities such as ensuring that objectives are reached, quality standards are maintained, and legal restrictions are followed.
How do you become a director of engineering?
You will have to go through certain preparatory processes before you can become a director of engineering. These include:
- Over 8 years of experience as a manager
- A bachelor’s and Master’s degree in business administration
- A degree in the field of engineering
- Current industry knowledge
Is VP of Engineering higher than director of engineering?
Yes. Well, since a director of engineering reports to the VP, it implies that the Vp is higher than the director of engineering.
How many years does it take to be a senior engineer?
This is dependent on the company. Some companies require about ten to fifteen years of experience while some may require 5 years.
So you see, it is really not specific.
What is the hardest engineering major?
Generally speaking, engineering is a difficult field. However, some engineering majors are considered to be the hardest.
The following are the hardest engineering majors:
- Chemical engineering
- Aero and astronautical engineering
- Biomedical engineering
These engineering majors require extremely long hours.
Can engineers be rich?
Absolutely! You can get rich as an engineer. So if you are considering the financial implication, rest assured that you can make a good income from becoming an engineer.
Before jumping into a career or job position, lots of people seek to know the salaries just digging dirt on a person’s name.
It is believed that such move will aid them in deciding If the financial benefit for the job is worth it or not.
With this information at you finger tips, now you can decide if you fancy the job position alongside the salary and benefits.
We hope this article met your expectations. Kindly reach s through the comment section for feedback or @ makedailyprofit.com.
- indeed.com – Director of Engineering Salary in the United States
- payscale.com – Average Director of Engineering Salary
- Surgical Oncologist Salary in 2022 | How Much Does a Surgical Oncologist Make?
- Pediatric Cardiologist Salary in US | 2022
- How Much Does a Pharmacist Salary in New Jersey? 2022 Pharmacist Salary in New Jersey
- 25 Best Jobs In Alaska For 2022
- Millwright Salary in 2022 | How Much Money Do Millwrights Make?
- 25 Highest Paying Jobs In California For 2022
- How Much Does a Radiologist Make in California? 2022 Radiologist Salary in California
- 25 Best Jobs In Oklahoma For 2022